Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Prague the 26th

So on the 26th we got up and had breakfast in the hostel.  More of a traditional Bulgarian breakfast (maybe it's a European thing) including yogurt, scrambled eggs, cheese slices, meat slices, bread, and of course tea and coffee.  Jez just reminded me that we actually talked about the fact that the only thing that breakfast was misssing from what we were used to in B were the tomatoes and cuccumbers.  We got done with breakfast and headed back to the room to pack up our stuff and leave it in storage while we headed out and about Prague.  We walked to  the Charles Bridge, got some pictures along the way, and then saw the Prague Castle off in the distance.  If I remember right we walked to a place after that that had a very beautiful overview of the city.  I just love looking down on all the rooftops; it's just a cute sight to me, maybe I'm wierd.  Rachel, Jez, and I did note what a difference the architecture in Prague was from what we were used to in B.  Things were more colorful.  After that we walked around the Jewish Quarter a little and I got some postcards.  If I remember right, it's quite possible I don't, we then headed back to the hostel to gather our stuff...OH YEAH!  How could I forget a trip to Starbucks to warm up a little!!  Then we went to get our things, headed to the train station to take a bus to the other (bigger) train station.  We bought more snacks/food for the 11 hour train ride to Krakow and had dinner in the train station.  Sounds a little familiar to me, only this time I only had mashed potatoes and a hogarden since I wasn't hungry.  (My sister and I took a trip over Christmas several years ago and had Christmas eve dinner in the train station in Lucerne, Switzerland.)  I could spend more time in Prague and we only saw a little of the beautiful city!   We boarded our overnight train that would take us to Krakow, Poland.  Pictures will come on Thursday and Krakow will come next week!!  It snowed most of the afternoon on Sunday here and both yesterday and today have been/are about freezing and thus melting much of the snow and ice, making it safe for me to walk!!  I am a little afraid for all the babas, grandmas, that walk on the ice but to tell the truth, I should be more concerned about myself!  They can pass me on the street walking on ice; they've got it down!!  Love and hugs from here!!  LET'S GO GIANTS!!  At least there will be a Manning in the Superbowl!

1 comment: