Thursday, August 23, 2012

"back in the US(S)A(R)"

So here I am sitting at my parents home in the USA.  I have been stateside for all of 5 days and am getting ready to travel to Seattle to see my sister's family next week for about 6 weeks.   I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do about my blog; if I'll keep posting or not.  I went to my old workplace Friday night and surprised all my friends there and that was very nice!  I even had an Atlanta Dream (WNBA) player come up to where I was (after my friends made a commotion upon seeing me) and shake my hand while thanking me for my service.  That was pretty neat.  Then on Sunday I went to church and surprised everyone there.  It's so nice to see everyone's reactions when they realize it's me!  It feels different being back here.  For one thing I'm between houses which is one of the reasons I feel like I'm in limbo.  I feel kinda like I'm floating; not really doing anything.  I can't help but think how different things are now from only a month ago and how quickly I'm going back to the "old" routine of just doing because that's how it's done here and how much it seems like I just take things for granted just because.   I don't mean to but when things are done a certin way that's how they are done.  This probably makes no sense.  Anyway, I'm trying to get everything pretty much squared away before next Tuesday.  The driving came back no problem but of course that was just an errand close to home; we'll see when I have to go on the highway or even downtown!  For now love and hugs from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment