Tuesday, October 18, 2011

and it starts....

Ok, I'm a little more settled now.  Since I am busier I am going to do my blogs on Tuesday and Thursdays.  I'll try to do more but at least those days.  As of right now those are the days I have more time.  I have had 1 week of English classes and I think they have gone pretty well.  My classes in the Kindergarten started last week also but I have a year under my belt (have experience) working there so it shouldn't be that different.  Halloween is the focus of the students' energies now and we are working on putting something together.  The students brought it up and I met with one student and she gave me some ideas, how AWESOME is that!  Something I don't think I have mentioned in a blog yet has to do with houses in winter.  Since there is no central heat it's not that easy to heat your house.  I told you people here use wood burning stoves and I have a radiator.  Some people have little space heaters as well.  What I haven't shared is that during winter the rest of the house is pretty much shut off and the living area is the 1 room with the stove.  For example, when I went upstairs to see my new apartment I noticed it was basically divided into 3rds.  My new balcony has been closed off to the outside and is now part of the living area.  The wall seperating inside from outside has been taken out and replaced by another wall with a sliding door a few feet in front of the original wall.  The kitchen/bathroom  area is seperated by another wall with a door that is kept closed.  That way all the heat stays in the small center room and everyone is warmer!  My apartment here is probably the size of my bedroom in the states and I'd never thought of dividing it into 3rds!  I will say though it stays much warmer that way!  "Necessity is the mother of invention" (not mine and not sure at this moment who said it) and creativity (that's mine)!  I hope this blog is understandable; I was having a little trouble explaining myself.  Love and hugs from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment