Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"chestito!"

When I first got to B I learned the word "posdravlenea" was the word to say when you want to congratulate someone.  Since I've been in my town I think I've said that once; people here say "chestito/a" depending on who you are saying it to.  Litterally "chestit" means "happy" more than congratulations, but I have learned they are basically the same.  When I first got here it took me awhile to get used to all the different "chestito!"s that were directed towards me.  Now I find myself saying it quite a bit!  Of course you have your traditional "chestit rosjden den" or "happy birthday."  Then I got my hair cut and everyone told me "chestita."  That was a new one for me and took me awhile to warm to the idea of someone congratulating me on my haircut.  Now of course I do it.  When someone gets a good grade, passes their drivers test, gets pregnant, married, or anything happy and special happens, so do the "chestito"s!  Talking about words it's interesting to think about (and something I've noticed before) how certain words are used certain places and different words, that mean the same thing, are used in other places.  I go visit my friend who lives South of me about 4 hours and her town uses words I don't know, but the same word here in my town isn't known.   Both words means the same thing but different parts of B use different words.  I really wish I could think of an example right now but none are coming to me.  The snow is melting, finally!, and the birds are chirping! That is a good sign.  The high today is supposed to be about 4*C; dare I say warmup??!!!  Of couse I did wake yesterday morning to a dusting of snow.   Just like Indiana; the weather changes in a heartbeat!  Love and hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment