Tuesday, March 6, 2012

favorite things #7

Before I start today's "favorite things" blog I need to do something.  In looking at the stats for my blogs I see "moving forward 'malko po malko'" is a favorite.  One of the things I wrote about in that blog was how a friend asked me to run a marathon with her this past November.  Believe it or not I was going to do it...really.  However the October, some time around then, 1 year before the marathon I had problems with my right knee.  I don't know why, I didn't aggrevate an  old injury that I know of.  Either way because of that I had to alter things a bit and work on strengthening my knee when the time came instead of running.  So I did NOT run the marathon in Greece but several PC volunteers did and had a great time.  In fact my friend Jez, who asked me to run the one in Greece, loved it so much she's running another one in a couple weeks with another volunteer friend.  Ok, on to some more favorites/reasons I love Bulgaria!  There are woods just before you get to my town.  You know how whan you were a little kid and you just instinctivly "know" when you're almost home?  Well, I "know" my woods and can recognize when I'm almost home...if coming from that direction.  I didn't set out to, it just kinda happened.  It's a landmark for me and that's a cool feeling.  I love that people know what I know and don't know.  I've been here for going on 2 years and when people see a confused look on my face (yes it still happens) they break things down for me.  They just know!  Along with that I love that people finish my sentences for me!  I have to say I haven't been the best with getting out and actually speaking (oopa!) so naturally things come slower then they used to.  People see that, know what I'm trying to say, and finish my sentences for me.  When I first got here I didn't appreciate that all that much; I was trying to learn and needed to make my way myself.  Now however I don't mind as much.  I love the fact that, when trying to explain the meaning of an English word to Nargis, it takes me a whole sentence for one word.  My sister always said I left "disertations" on answering machines instead of messages!!  I love the fact that people ask me "what are we going to do without you?"  It makes me feel special and loved!!  I always tell them "you will be just fine!"  My thoughts and prayers are with the people effected by the tornadoes in the Midwest and South.  Sandy, hang in there; "malko po malko i stupka po stupka"  (little by little and step by step)!  Love and hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment