Thursday, June 14, 2012

recap

Sorry you all but this has to be a quick one!  First let me thank you for the birthday wishes! I spent the evening with a young lady from the English school and her family.  The next day, Saturday, I left here on a 7:30 im the morning microbus (the driver remembered my name from more than 1 year ago and I hadn't seen him until this past Saturday morning) that couldn't fit everyone.  The driver had to shuttle back and forth to a bigger bus to finally accomodate everyone.  Another "only in Bulgaria" comment.  You do realize that when I say that I don't mean anything negative towards B!  There have been several of those "only in B' comments come out of my mouth since I've been here.  I can't really explain what I mean when I say that; the closest would be to say things are seen and handled differently here than in the States.  So after that I got on a train that would take me to see my good friend Jez, leave her place for my medical and other appointments in Sofia, and head back to her place after the appointments, only to jump on another train the next morning to head home (B home).  I'm realizing that all the preparations I have done to end service up until now seem small.  Lots to do in terms of physical preparations.  Then there's the July 4th celebration we're supposed to be having in 2 weeks that needs to be planned.  Love and hugs from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment