Wednesday, July 11, 2012

now I've done everything!

Sorry about yesterday!  I went to Ruse to get some stuff taken care of and when I got back just forgot.  But now I can tell you that now I can leave Bulgaria!  I've accomplished nearly everything I set out to do and yesterday just put the icing on the cake!   I (almost) missed my bus.  I overslept a little that morning and because of that didn't have time for breakfast.  As some of you know if I travel a long way on an empty stomach (or don't take motion sickness medicine) I get sick.  The ride to Ruse is a little over an hour with a rest stop 10 minutes into the trip in a near city Vetovo.  I thought "I'll grab something in Vetovo and eat it on the bus; I can handle a 10-15 minute ride with no food."  Wouldn't you know that when we got to Vetovo and I ran off the bus to grab something (it's a 10 minute stop)  to eat the lady ordering in front of me had multiple orders.  I could see the bus through the window and JUST AS SHE HANDED ME MY SANDWICH I saw the bus pulling away!  I told myself that the buses don't move very fast and if I run, maybe I can catch up with it!  Turns out that there's an advantage to being an American (or probably any other nationality) in Bulgaria; people remember you!   As soon as the bus pulled away someone realized I wasn't on it and the bus pulled over.  I of course thanked the driver and the lady who takes the money a couple of different times.  Now I can add "almost missing the bus" to my list of accomplishments in Bulgaria!!  Well, the B26 group of 87 originally is down to 40.  My preparations for leaving were rudely interruped a couple days ago by a rash.  Turns out that when I thought to myself "what's the chance that this laundry soap will have the EXACT THING that I'm allergic to?" (ironically I found out I was allergic about a month before coming here)"  Turns out the chance is 100%!   So I had to rewash lots of clothes and have lots of mind over matter and tell myself "if you start itching you'll never stop so it's best not to start!"  People probably think I've developed this horrible skin desease!  It's been extremely hot and I just read where the whole of B declared a code orange because of the heat.  I don't quite think it's been as hot here as it has been there though; we sure could use the cool-down you are having in the states!  Love and hugs from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment