Wednesday, July 4, 2012

thank goodness for mom!

So the English School totally surprised me today and this time I teared up quite a bit.  I say that because last week for graduation/the last day of school I gave a little speech.  I had prepared Veleava ahead of time, language tutor and awesome friend and person, that she might have to take over for me because I would be crying and not able to finish and since she was the person I practiced with I figured she would be a good person to take over for me.  All the students were there and well as the teachers and others affiliated with the school.  Knowing that last Friday would be the last time I saw half of the students before I leave (I'll leave it at that) I had plenty of tissues ready.  NOT A TEAR DURING MY SPEECH!  And from me no less, the woman who cries at the drop of a hat (maybe not the drop of a hat but I'm a crier)!  Of course AFTER the speech when thinking about leaving my awesome counterpart and my language tutor-THEN I got teary eyed.  So now I'm  in the midst of giving things away, wrapping up loose ends, giving little gifts, and generally preparing to move in...I don't even want to say it...after mom comes when Nargis calls me and says that I need to go to school.  I was planning on it anyway and told her I was on my way.  After I had been there maybe 20 minutes (?) the director came in, shook my hand, handed me a beautiful inscribed Amazing Bulgaria book and a tapastry, and started saying nice things about me.  Then it was my turn (Valeava said I did a good job with my B'ian and that I haven't forgotten; yea for me).  Then I got all choked up!!  All I can say is thank goodness mom will be here to help me (even if she says she'll be no help and crying along with me!) get on the bus when it comes time to go!  Goodbyes are seldom easy and this will be no exception!  Love and hugs from me.  I really going to try to keep blogging from here on out but depending on how hectic things become they may or may not happen!  OH!  I almost forgot!  Happy 4th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment