Thursday, September 30, 2010

fall

ok this is the 2nd time this has been erased and again it's really ticking me off!  thankfully i wasn't very far along though.  it's fall and that means camping, bonfires, and...SMORES!!  thanks to my mom and stepdad I had a smore the other night.  nargis and i kinda cheated tho b/c we did them inside with the oven burners instead of over a fire outside but we had all the necessary ingredients! they don't have marshmallows or graham crackers here and when i took some mmallows to school it was funny to see the reaction of my coworkers as they squeezed the mallow and then found that it stayed the same shape!  anyway...my wonderful sister and her family made me a calendar for me to use while i'm over here so i can know, and see, them thinking of me.  certain days have special reminders, birthdays, anniversaries (speaking of happy anniversary dad and ronni and mom and ron!) and other little special words.  the other day she had written "are the leaves turning there?"  well, no. and yes it's fall i checked.  i have to say that's one thing i'm going to miss, seeing all the different colors!  i'm going to have to go to the brown county website and see for myself!!  've been told that the leaves here will change too and there will be a colorful display but it hasn't happened yet.  i'll have to wait and see;  guess i've got time!  the weather here hasn't been too cold and i hesitate to say it's fall b/c  don't think it's cold, certainly not fall type weather.  and of course how can you mention fall w/o the word "football" in the same sentence??!!  football over here is a whole different sport and that would be soccer.  someone told me the other day, at least i think this is what they said, we were experiencing an indian summer.  i thought indian summers happened after it had been cold for a long while and then there was a bit of a warmup.  to me it hasn't been that cold to even qualify as fall let alone have an indian summer!  and when i say cold i mean it still gets up into the mid-upper 70s.  enough of that and it's time for me to get ready for dinner.  tomorrow!   

No comments:

Post a Comment