Thursday, September 2, 2010

tv

i don't watch very much b/c there are so many other things to do. when i do it's more work than pleasure! i got pretty frustrated with my language, or what i saw as regression, skills a couple wks ago and vented to Nargis. after she set me straight he told me some things i can do to help myself everyday. in addition to going out and exercising my B i can watch tv and listen to the radio in B, which i had not been doing. i was going to give myself a break and when i got the time to watch tv it was going to be in english darn it! but i can't do that; i already speak english with nargis too much as it is! so i made myself a deal. during the week when i'm working, nothing but B. when i watch tv. i had to laugh when i was channel surfing and found "Scooby Doo" in B! now that's pretty funny! i also have found "Criminal Minds" and last night, while searching for the FIBA USA basketball game that i thought was on- of course the days for the games are in turkish so a screwup on my part is highly possible, i found "BONES"! they are on during the week, of course this would be my luck, so i don't know what's going on, i catch words here and there, so i have to rely on the pictures. i allow myself to take a break and watch english tv during the weekends. "Cheers!" is on most days when i'm eating lunch so i watch that and "How imet your mother" is on usually when i'm eating dinner. i just got done with lunch and during lunch saw a commercial for the movie "3 men and a little lady" in B and have seen "Conair" in B, at least i think it was that movie. "Judging Amy" is on here a lot, hallmark-the english channel, and i also get "Crossing Jordan." neither one of those are shows i watched ever in the states but here since they're 2 of the few things i can find in english, on tv at least, i find myself seriously disappointed when i find them on during the week! if i forget or don't have time tom, tom may be my last blog for awhile. i leave on the 7th and won't be back in G till the 15th, the first day of school. i get to see other volunteers which will be exciting, not to mention travel more in B! the school year is starting and i have to say i'm kinda feeling, from myself, to get something started so i'm going to sign off. love!

1 comment:

  1. Never thought watching Tv could be so much work! I hope you have fun at school. Also,
    Denae had her baby. A baby boy named Ryan Joshua. He was 6 lbs. 4 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. He is quite cute and has lots of dark hair. He also very quiet! If you get time look at facebook so you can see some photos! Have safe travels!

    ReplyDelete