Friday, July 22, 2011

We got it!

l just realized I had not gotten to my blog today!  Sorry about that!   I will be gone next week so will need to take a break from blogging.  I will be at a conference that just awarded Nargis and I money for a camp on additions and sexual health.  The last of the 3 conferences is next week and I get to take a student with me.  It is nice I get to involve people from the community.  I have to say we worked hard to get this money and now just have to do it in September and October, possibly.  I finished the last of my letters to the students from the English School this morning and have gotten an email, a letter, and a phone call from 3 of the students, and yes all in English.  No they're not perfect but I understand them and kudos (bravo) to them for trying!!  It's kind of like me with Bulgarian I guess, not perfect but at least I try!  I wasn't expecting anything and it is awesome that they want to practie their English!!  My neighbor lady also was asking me to translate some Bulgarian sentences into English tonight and I'm only so happy to help!!  One of the babas here was under the impression I had a boyfriend, somebody who wasn't me told her I had one, and today I told her we broke up.  She asked me why and I said because I didn't love him and again she asked why.  I said he wasn't in my heart and she said "he wants you to be there with him"  and I said "but I want to be here" and she told me to look for another one; there's still time!  "Ima vreme!"  The past couple days I have been helping a little with some repairs to my apartment building.  The baba gora's (upstairs) granddaughter is getting married the end of the month and I thought that was why the daughter was painting and sprucing up the place, and very well be.  Maybe she just thought the place needed to be updated a little!  She let me help, I still say let because it's very sledom where I get to do anything involving any kind of help, I might get dirty; if only they could see me after weeding my yard and mowing the lawn back in the states!  I think I am slowly becoming less and less of a visitor and that makes me happy.  Sorry this has been kind of boring but It's later and to tell the truth, I really don't feel like putting that much effort into tonight's blog!  Today was cooler and I actually had on jeans when I went to the post office today and was quite glad!  I hope things, meaning tempratures, are settling down a bit.  Everyone stay safe and hydrated, and don't forget sun screen for when you are out!!   Catch you a week from this coming Monday.  Love and hugs to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment