Monday, August 1, 2011

the future

It has been awhile and again sorry about that!  My blog today is going to talk about what I experienced this past week at the Life Skills conference.  For those of you in America reading this think of a time when you had a chance to be around young leaders and how impressed you were.  I'm having trouble thinking of how to express myself (that happens) right now.  But basically what I want to say is that I got a glimpse of the future of Bulgaria this past week and was very impressed!  This was a conference on sexual issues; how to take precautions and basic information.  More of a taboo subject here depending on where you are in the country and definitely not easy to talk about.  The high school students that attended this conference (Maybe about 20 ranging from 15-18)were so eager to learn, ask questions, and acted in a very mature manner!  No giggles were heard from the back of the room.   They spoke up and took charge!  B is in a transition state right now and times are hard.  I have to say based on what I experienced this past week, the future looks very bright!!   The young lady I took with me read a book given to her on the subject the whole trip home!   It's so refreshing to see young people who are ready, and excited, to be leaders no matter what country you are in, but it was especially refreshing for me to see this in B!  Love and hugs from me to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment