Thursday, August 25, 2011

jobs1

A couple days ago I wrote about the "bathroom attendant" job.  Another job that a person could have here that is different, at least I think so, from what we have in the states is the money collector on the bus.  There's the driver and then there is usually someone else who takes the money.  Sometimes there's just the driver and he takes your money as well as drive the bus; I think it depends on the owner of the bus/the bus company.  Sometimes you pay when you get on and sometimes you wait until you get off.  Sometimes I feel so sorry for the people in change of collecting the money.  I've been on super crowded busses before where you had people standing in the aisle and yet you have to make room for someone else to get by you!  After awhile of traveling from your town to anywhere, the drivers and their collectors start to look familiar.  I don't know any of the drivers/helpers names that drive the busses I usually take but thay are familiar and we always talk.  I remember the first couple times I traveled to get my litchna carta I got off at a certain spot; Nargis was with me.  Well the next time I had to go for something else Nargis wasn't with me.  When I went to get off the bus the lady said "here?"  I said yes and got off the bus.  Months later I found out she was right, I was confused and should have stayed on the bus!  I'm kinda memorable and stick out so it's not hard to take notice of where I get off or other things I do.  One time I was riding a smaller bus, only going a short way, and it was HOT and the air unit on the bus didn't work.   The driver asked if anyone had a problem with him leaving the door open to get some air flowing  while driving.  At least I think that's what he asked, I could make out the word "door" and there was nothing else I understood, but I assumed he was asking about leaving the door open.   After he asked his question I heard the word "American" (99.5/100 times he's refering to me) and assumed he was asking me if I as ok with him leaving the door open.   Well tomorrow is going to be a non-blog day for me.  I'm going to celebrate my birthday with another volunteer, who didn't really get to celebrate hers either, so we decided to celebrate together!  Talk to you Monday or Tuesday!  Love and hugs from here!  Glad to hear family on the East Coast is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment