Wednesday, August 24, 2011

smores

I  made smores this morning for my neighbors!  I had to improvise a little because my stash of graham crackers went to making graham crackers and milk for breakfast, I had forgotten how good that actually is, and  I only have the small marshmallows, but we made do.  One of my neighbors was making lootenitza and had a fire going.  After the first one I made, using small sticks I found lying around to roast the marshmallows, Maria went upstairs and got me some shishkabob sticks to use.  Germs and getting dirty seem to be a big thing here!  The other day when someone very kindly gave me a watermellon I went to wipe some of the dirt off the side.  The man who was sitting right beside me pulled the waermellon away from me and told me not to do that, I would get sick.  I told him that's why I drink a lot of water!  I'm not sure what it is about getting dirty or me getting dirty.  The other day I went to lift the handle of the huge lootenitza frying pan and again my neighbor told me not to, I would get dirty.  I replied that I have a washing machine, my 2 hands for hand washing, and a shower if I get dirty.  Huh.  This morning after the smores Ivan, neighbor,  and I had a small conversation about the school system in the states.  He was asking me questions and I was having a hard time remembering things I did in school 25 years ago!  But I do intend to get him some more information because that's one of the reasons I'm here, for cultural exchange.  So I'm going to try to get on the site for the Indiana Department of Education and get him some information...in B.  The people who were sitting outside the Mayor's office that I went and visited the other afternoon want me to go visit today and I'm going to try.  Maybe this time if I take my water bottle full of water they won't buy me coffee!  We'll see!  My thoughts and prayers are with everyone on the East Coast!!  That was one of the first things out of Ivan's mouth this morning when I went down to chat; he was telling me about the earthquake that was felt from "Washington to Boston."  Love and hugs from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment