Monday, August 15, 2011

filler up!

Before I start I just have to say my thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Indianapolis  and especially those effected by the tragic event at the State fair this past Saturday!  One of my jobs I quit to join the Peace Corps used security personnel and at least 1 person who worked at my old job also worked security at the fair.  A former coworker of mine told me one of the victims also worked at my old job.  I hear he had 2 children and saved a little girl.  Just goes to show anything can happen at anytime and life is short!  From what I saw and have read there would have been a lot more deaths if concert-goers would not have helped the injured and people trapped.  Now on to today's blog.  A couple things I have forgotten to blog about until now, well more that a couple but I just happened to think of these, came to my attention while visiting my host family last week.  Again it's something I'm exposed to on a daily basis but have gotten used to it and didn't think to mention it.  Cars are driven on the right side of the road over here same as in the states.  The steering wheel is also on the same side (except on some imported cars I think).  Gas here is full service like it used to be in the states and probably still is someplaces.  When I was little I remember going to get gas with my mom and when we got to the gas station my mom, or dad, would tell the attendent how much gas we wanted and that person would pump our gas while we waited  in the car.  I was surprised to see that service still happens the first time I was in a car and we stopped to get gas here!  Today is another hot day.  I went to the market today and got my fresh veggies for my salads and some bananas too.  I spent a lot of time this morning talking with Marie and Ivan, my neighbors.  Maria has a name day today and was giving out chocolates.  Besides being rude to turn down chocolate offered by someone on a name day or birthday, who would want to?  Love and hugs from here!  Please think of and pray for those effected by tht events at the fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment