Wednesday, August 10, 2011

going home...pst home#2

So I left Varshets Monday morning and traveled home with a friend of my host sister.  We arrived about 30 minutes late for my bus back home, still about 1 hour away, and the next bus wasn't for another 3 hours.  After awhile of "do you know where your bus station is?" and "what are you going to do for 3 hrs?" I decided I should probably stop with the "if you have things to do I will be fine by myself" and "I'll bet your mother really is anious to see you" and said "yes, I would really like it if you hung out with me for awhile."  I kinda figured that's where they were going anyway.  It is a good thing I hung with them b/c now I know from where my bus originates.  I had always caught it from a bus stop but I found out where the other bus station is located.  So instead of being a latecomer on the bus on a Monday evening after the workday and having to stand, I was the first person on the bus and had a nice chat with the driver!  After we got that taken care of, thanks Veli and father, they took me to Nikolovo.  It's like a woody area with a zoo, or the reminants of one.  There is a nice big pond/small lake where a guy was fishing.  He had 6 poles in the water and hadn't caught a thing, nothing was biting.  As a fishing lover, I know how that goes!  Anyway, we had some drinks in a cafe with water misters around the roof line and that felt super nice!!  After taking in the nice scenery sitting for awhile we went into the woody area.  There was a small pond with lily pads and the flowers that go with them.  There were cement blocks to the other side of the pond and we crossed.  We saw frogs,more lily pads, and even some fish.  Then we walked further to the zoo area and saw a brother and sister bear and goats.  I found out that years ago there used to be more animals but the lack of money and food contributed to why there are only 2 bears and a couple goats now.  It was a fun couple hours and now I have someplace else I can highlight on my wall map saying I have been there and not just at the bus stop!  Love and hugs from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment