Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Baba N.

Last night was interesting!  I came back from the store and saw Baba N. tearing up cardboard (cb) for her stove.  I offered to help her and and, to my surprise, she said "if you want."  So I went over and started to help and she said that there was more c.b. inside her apartment and I should tear that.  I went inside and grabbed the c.b. and asked her if that was the c.b. she meant.  She looked at me and said "take a break for a little.  We'll do that later."  Of course I was thinking about the fact that I had really not done anything strenuous to need a break, but went with it.  So we go in her apartment and she told me to sit down and she turned the television on and started to channel surf.  I was a little confused by this time when she turned to me and said "this is a very good Turkish program.  I love it!  I like the Turkish programs better than the Bulgarian programs.  You will stay and watch right???"  Thinking to myself how I understand about 5 or 6 words in Turkish and would not understand a thing going on but how could I refuse, I said "yes."  We sat in the dark room watching this Turkish serial, program, and then, during one of the few commercials, she went to get me some coffee.  (It's now that I realize why I didn't fall right to sleep last night; I had coffee at about 6:20-30!)  After an hour, the program we were watching was over...I think, I thanked her for the coffee and candy and told her I had work to do.  Of course I also spilled the little remaining coffee in my cup on her tablecover when I went to take our cups into the kitchen.  OOPS!  I felt so bad!  After she cleaned up my mess, I tried to help I did but it wasn't happening, I excused myself, again thanking her and apologising for spilling my coffee.  She looked at me and said "but the best program is coming on!"  So that was part of my night!  The English school is open and the students are back; they missed their friends!  My adult English classes are back on, for now at least!  Speaking of which I should get some planning for tonight done.  The snow is melting and slush, and ice in the mornings, is everywhere!  Love and hugs from here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment