Thursday, February 16, 2012

we have to believe!

This is a blog about believing.  I think I have already blogged about this before but feel I need to again.   Along with believing comes optimism, the 2 go hand and hand.  Nothing can ever change, become different, if people don't first BELIEVE it is possible.  Take Bulgaria for example.  I have been here since May 12, 2010.  I have lived here, worked here, traveled here, experienced good and bad times here, and generally have been a Bulgarka since then.  Ok, maybe not since then but I have been part of this culture.  Bulgaria is a beautiful country and is trying to find her way after Communism...AND WILL GET THERE!  I firmly believe that.  Now it's true that I didn't grow up here and have only been here a short time, relatively speaking, so there are things I don't know and can't really have that valid of an opinion about.  Like someone who has never been pregnant telling a pregnant lady about the experience of childbirth; that's just not right!  So I realize I'm a little like that (please no one go there) and don't really KNOW, I get that.  HOWEVER, since May 12, 2010 Bulgaria has been my country too.  There is so much good in this country; the pochievka (taking a break) mentality, the drop everything and sit down and have tea when someone comes to visit mentality, the nature with the mountain ranges and the sunflower fields, the Danue and the Black Sea, the strong history (both good and bad- every country has that) that can be traced back to the first peoples (I think), the generational meantality; babas rule and the whole family lives together, from grandchilren to grandparents.  I can go on...  I just thought of something!  I believe in B so much that, yes it's true-really, I got it inked on my body (1/2 B flag, 1/2 Am flag with the words In B "world peace and friendship" It looks pretty cool!)!  B is a great country and will get greater!  You (everyone, not just B's) have to believe that it is possible!  This is where people have to believe IN THEIR HEARTS and not just say the words.  I believe the first step for change is believing something can change;  believing things can be different.  Then of course you have to do something about that belief...that's for another day.  Love and hugs from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment