Tuesday, April 17, 2012

and it start, the "final's"

The process of saying goodbye started the week of the close/continuation of service conference the end of March.  A couple days after I got home to my site I left for a final visit with my host family.  2 of my pst site-mates happened to be there as well.  I spent as much time as I could with them as it would most likely be the last time we see each other before the 3 of us leave B;   they live down in Southern B and I'm up North.  Like the other 2 times I visited my pst home there were plenty of memories.  For instance, I mentioned this trip how I needed to go and get my hair cut while there.  Marisa, a sitemate, told me how she remembered how scared  I was the 1st time I got my hair cut during pst and how I called her afterwards so I could show her my haircut.  How the kafe that we always went to doesn't look the same without their trademark green "Zagorka" umbrallas outside (zagorka is a kind of beer).  Or how we ran into someone from all 6 of our host families and enjoyed hearing about the changes in their lives.  How we just happened to run into Hristo the taxi driver who took all 7 of us (including Ms. Toni our teacher) from Varshets to Vratsa every week during pst (he had help since his taxi couldn't fit all 7 of us).  I remembered how Sean, another site-mate, always made the appointment for taxis the day before (like any good teacher Ms. Toni made US do it) because his B was the best and he always volunteered.  I remember telling myself I had to do it once and was SO NERVOUS when I volunteered!!!!  I must've gone over what to say a dozen times and called when Sean was with me...just in case!  So when (2) Sunday mornings (ago) came and they (S and M) left in a taxi I cried.  It's hard to say goodbye!  On Friday morning (push that to Sunday morning-I wrote this last Tuesday, just couldn't post) I will say another goodbye; this time to my host family.  My time in Varshets during Pre-Service Training was hard!!  11 weeks of intensive learning about B as well as my youth development work.  Everything from the language to how (for some people) a cross draft is bad to how to dance the Byala Rosa and many things in-between!  My host family (Dani, Alexi, Krisi, and Vesi) was with me for it all and I owe much to them!  OH THE HOMEWORK THEY HELPED ME WITH (that's TRUE dedication!  Every weeknight Dani and/or Krisi would come up to my room and ask if I needed any help...and of course I always did)!  I had only been in B  4 days when I was forced to trust total strangers with my well-being.  After 3 months however, I cried when leaving them; we had become family.  My 1st B family, complete with grandparents, sisters, an aunt, and an uncle.  [yes it's true that my host "parents" are my age but I'm playing along with the whole scenerio].  THEY set the tone for my next 2 years in B and set it awesomly!  So, от долу на моято сърце венаги добре дъшли в моята къща в сащ!  от мен и  моято семеиство в сащ-много ви благодаря за всичко!!  аз ви обичам!  Love and hugs from here...and yes that did take awhile as I'm not used to the B keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment