Friday, May 28, 2010

long day

I had a bunch of pictures on this page and I guess I put one too many in because they all got erased from this page so, sorry sophie, you're gonna have to wait at least one more day because I really don't want to go thru all that again right now.  Today all 87 of us traveled from our satellite group sites to the Hub, vrasta, where we all come together for info and training things 3 times these 3 months.  It was fun to see everybody again and it's hard to believe it was just 2 wks ago we stood on the very same steps of the h.s. waiting to meet our host families and being nervous about what we would say on the car ride home.  it was a long day that started at 6:30 and we had training/information about pc stuff till 6 pm.  then the taxi ride home and I stopped in a flower shop and got my family a rose plant. they have been so good to me, helping me with my homework and taking me places like different villages.  it really is a humbling experience!  also today while in vratsa I got my mail, thanks mom and ron and aunt jan!  I also struck up a covsersation with a lady while walking home this evening, only 1/4 of what I knew what she was saying!  but it's a start!  I don't think I have many plans this wknd and maybe I can catch up on some homework.  as if we didn't have enough to do toni gave me homework to do from our tutoring session on fri!  well it's late and I'm pretty tired so I' going to call it a night.  thanks for all the updates!  I have to say it's not going to seem right not being in town for the 500 but I think I'll survive.  If Helio wins that will be #4???  leka nosht!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa:
    Qucik note Fever won tonight gave your address to Becky since I was in that spot. I'm so bad I did a letter but forgot to mail plus you already knew everything because I had written here to. Bob Bellmore died this last week cute little guy that worked in Club. Mike an Pickets and all the ones who work at the track were off tonight and missed the game. Cleveland is off for 6-8 wks but we don't know why. Had Kate told us before you lefted that she was getting divorced? Can't remember not final yet but soon she hopes like the next 30-45 days. Fever won tonight against the Liberty in the 2nd game so we're 1-1 so we need to win there on Wed. or we done for the season. Well that's really all the news I know right now so I'll let you know more about Cleveland when I find out. Later Girl. Pam queenbeeps@comcastnet.

    ReplyDelete