Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"I misunderstood."

Thank you for your prayers!  I spent about a total of 12 hrs traveling on Friday and only about 5 in Sofia.  That's ok; I went to see a friend this past weekend for a pre-Thanksgiving weekend so that was enjoyable and made all the traveling worthwhile!  THen on Monday night before my adult class I found out I won a Tgiving themed goodie basket for turning in some paperwork from someone at the the corps!  Thanks Jason! So tonight's blog has to do with something Nargis told me about a week ago.  I was trying to explain, in B, that a friend of mine had an appointment in Sofia the same day as me (turns out I misunderstood her, she didn't have one).  One of the B words for an appointment/meeting/date is very close to the English word "engagement."  I thought I would switch and use that word, after all I had been hearing it more than the word I had been using.  Well when I told Nargis she got all excited and started asking me all these questions like "how did she find him" and "he's American right?"  I thought she was excited because I was going to be with my good friend in Sofia (she's very good about that.  She realizes I'm away from "family" and my PC friends/connections are very important to me!) and she thought I was telling her my good friend was getting married!  Quite the misunderstanding.  But Nargis told me later on that when there is a misunderstanding between people that means the misunderstood thing is going to happen.  Another little superstition that, I'm not aware of, isn't practiced in the states.  Tgiving is appreaching and I/we have nothing planned with the students here.  I feel a little bad about that but Halloween was 2 weeks ago, I have more going on this year than I did last year, and there just wasn't time to prepare anything.  We had a big celebration last year and that makes not doing much/anything this year easier for me to handle.  Well, time for me to get to other things!  Love and hugs from me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment