Tuesday, November 15, 2011

mealtime2

So I finally looked at the actual temperature and it is -1*C; cold both in *F and *C!  I think I have covered this before but it's been awhile so will tell you all again.  It's very common here to eat out of a common dish at mealtime.  At first of course I took special notice of this fact because it wasn't what I was used to doing.  Now I have gotten so used to it when I went gosti with my visitors from the states I just helped myself, after everyone was seated of course, to the food in front of me and didn't think twice about sharing the same dish with everyone else!  The couple of times I have been invited to special meals, for weddings or funerals, everyone sits around a very small table, women at one and men at the other, called a "sofra" and a communal dish is put in the middle and if you don't get your spoon or piece of bread in there there will be none left for you!   I have to say I have gotten quite used to this way and will probably have to be "scolded" when I get back to the states and reminded that's not how meals are eaten, in my family at least.  It's coming up on Turkey day and I can't believe next week is Thanksgiving already!!  I think we're set to do the turkeys again and will do without the baked potatoes since they didn't go over very well (people did not seem to like them and did not eat them all).  YIKES!  Time is fying!  That's about it from here!  The sun has made an appearance and is warming things up a little in my glass-enclosed terrace and the door to my terrace is open and a precious little heat is entering my den/office area which is nice...for a change!  Love and hus from here!!  Thoughts and prayers are with a friend in the states, and as always with all of you as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment