Tuesday, November 1, 2011

a new home

This is starting to be a broken record!  Sorry for last Thurs's no blog.  Last Thurs was moving day and I was a little busy!  Actually I had lots of help and I felt like I didn't do much but supervise and direct every once in awhile!  Some of the boys got out of class (yep, that's right!) to help with the heavier stuff and the ladies that clean the English School came to clean my new apartment before I moved in.  And yes mom, I told them they didn't have to that I would do it and even offered to help but I was not successful in either attempt and finally just gave up and figured I'd be more in the way.  So I'm about 90% done with moving all my stuff around and figuring out where I want everything.  My new apartment[ only 1 floor up(thank goodness, but I guess I can't really say that because I didn't move the majority of my stuff; THANKS GUYS AND SCHOOL LEILA'S)] HAS A (oops!) big main room like my other apartment but this one has a wall with a sliding wooden door seperating it into 2 smaller rooms.  This is great for Winter when it gets super cold; that way all the heat is trapped in one small room (that's why people choose to sleep in very tiny rooms).  However I have discovered a drawback (a negative sort-of).  On sunny days, I forgot-my terrace is also closed in with windows, when the heat from the sun's rays get "trapped" in the terrace I can open my door to the terrace and let in all that warmth!  BUT the wall to the part of the room where I sleep gets in the way and that room/part doesn't get the warmth from the sun as much, a little but not much.  All in all it's a nice apartment!  Maybe a little bit bigger because the owners used part of the outside hallway to make their kitchen and extended the apartment that much further.  I will say that since the apartment is the uppermost apartment and the last, or first one, of the 3 my apartment blocks the wind for the other 2.  Because of that it can be a bit colder but, with my radiator and space heater I do fine!  I have taken a friend's suggestion and started stuffing the plastic bags they give us when we go shopping around my kitchen windows.  I did that in my last apartment an I actually think it helps some.  A way to reuse AND it helps keep me warm!  Since I moved on Thursday, had to finish getting things ready in the apartment, and it was a 4 day weekend for schools (no school Mon b/c Sunday was the 2nd and last elections and the school is used and then has to be cleaned on Monday and Tuesday was the last day of our Fall break) I really didn't go outside this long weekend.  It's been nice and sunny these past days, which is awesome, and wasn't too cold when I went out this afternoon.  I'll give you a temperature as soon as I get one.  Not much else is happening here.  With the 2 days off this week it's only a 3 day week which is always nice.  My thoughts and prayers go out East and the people who experienced the early, bad snowstorm!  Love and hugs from me!!  I almost forgot, HAPPY HALLOWEEN A DAY LATE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment