Thursday, November 24, 2011

"I'm thankful for..."

This is a Thanksgiving post.  In my adult classes this week we are starting with a "I'm thankful for" chain of new English words.  we did this is PST with B sentences to help our memory and language skills.  We're also learning a little, just a tad, about the holiday Thanksgiving.   So, what am I thankful for??  I have so very much to be thankful for I don't really know where to start!  I have to say first and foremost I am thankful to my God who, without my God, none of this would be possible!  I have my God to thank for everything I have, from the shoes I wear to the ability to teach the English alphabet.  I am thankful for my family and friends in the States who support me 100%, pick me up when I need encouragement, and keep me informed with news from the states and from their lives.  I am thankful for my friends and family I have here in B who welcomed me with open arms into their hearts and community.  My fellow volunteers are an incredible support to me, both with ideas and, more importantly, understanding...because they're here too and, chances are, dealing with the same things.  I'm thankful that I have this incredible opportunity to serve and represent my Country; maybe even helping, in my own little corner of B, the image of America and women.  Since the Peace Corps is leaving B in 2013 I feel incredibly lucky and honored to have been given this chance, to have been chosen as one of the last volunteers in this beautiful country!  I believe everything happens for a reason; there is a reason I was supposed to come here.  Because of that I keep working, even on days that I really don't want to and it would be so easy to curl up and watch E tv or read an E book.  I've said it before and I'll say it again; I'm living a life right now that most people only dream of and because of that fact realize I am not only here for me, my grandparents, and M,C, and W.   I am here for everyone who would love to do what I'm doing but for one reason or another, can't.  I am incredible thankful for Nargis, my B connection and, no matter what she says, an excellent E. speaker!  I am thankful for my collegues here who help me with anything and everything; even so far as planning Thanksgiving themselves since I have other things to occupy my time this year!  Kudos to them (bravo na tqh) for picking up the slack.  On this day to give thanks there are so many things I have to be grateful for in my life!!  To all those of you reading this in the states, HAPPY THANKSGIVING and remember why we celebrate!!  It's not just about eating too much, taking naps, and watching football; it goes MUCH deeper; at least for me it does!  Love and hugs from me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment