Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Aunt Rosie

This blog is going to be about my Great-Aunt (I think) Rosemary who passed away last Wednesday.  Not quite sure about her age but whatever her age she didn't look it!  The weekend before I left Indy for Bulgaria my Aunt Jan had a party/get together for the family up in the Goshen area, where my mom's from, at her house and my mom and I went.  Rosemary came to the party but also wanted my mom and I to have lunch with her at her house.  She made us the nicest lunch and asked me all about what I would be doing in B.  She was so interested in the work of the Peace Corps and in the work I would  be doing!!  I'm really glad that is my last memory of her!  I was telling her all about the 3 goals of the Peace Corps (1-to provide interested countries trained men and women, 2-to expand the minds of Americans about peoples served, and 3-to expand the minds of peoples served about Americans.  This is a rough idea and in no way exact, but you get the idea!) and she was so interested she asked me to write them down!  My family is full of strong women figures who serve as excellent role models for me and she was no exception!  I have to admit that I don't know as much about her as I do my own grandma.  She was the geneological, tracing the family history, person in our family.  It took a good friend of mine here to make me realize that now she is watching first hand the activities of the Peace Corps and myself from Heaven!  I will also say that it comforts me to know that Rosemary, Luanne and Gma Miller, are together in Heaven!  Now they have a dog to take care of and who will take care of them!  The sunshine here has left and the rain (and wind) have arrived!  I knew it couldn't last too long!!  Love and hugs from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment