Monday, December 13, 2010

names #2

Ok, here we go.  sorry this is late but I just had to blog about the snow!!  I think most of you know that I worked with kids in the States.  More specifically ages 6wks-kindergarten, however I didn't get a lot of time with the newborns.  I worked as a floater which meant I was in all the rooms and not just one.  I had stints when I was in a certain room for a length of time but overall I went anywhere needed.  Because of that I had to know names, EVERYONE'S name.  I kinda took pride in the fact that I knew every child's name at my previous employment.  Here I work in a kindergarten 2 days a week for an hour a day.  I can tell you I will not know all the kids names even though, between both my jobs here there are probably about the same # of kids as I had in the States!   Over here they have beautiful names just like in the States.  However I have been saying names from the States since I started talking.  Names like Connor, John, Charlie, Laura, Emma, Sarah, and other names are easy for me to remember.  Over here the name Nadjaea is common, I can think of 3 off the top of my head.  I know a Nurye, Fatma, Cevelie, Nedjme to name a few.  Gunai is also common, I know 2.  Some other examples of names in Bulgaria include:  Emer, Ersan, Berkan, and Serkan.  These are beautiful names and it's not like I don't want to learn them, it's just when you're grown up around John, Matthew, Claire, and Jessica's it's hard to train your tongue and brain to learn different names.  Each child and young person here is unique and has a unique name that is part of who they are.  I'm trying to learn them but have to say if I have them all down bu the time I come home it'll be good!  I'm willing to write these names in Bulgarian but don't think that will help you all any!  Love and hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment