Monday, December 20, 2010

meals

I think by now everyone realizes that everyone over feeds me here.  Try as I might, sometimes it's easier than other times, sometimes it's just easier to give in than to argue.  However I don't think I've blogged on this aspect yet.  For lunch there's always soup...FOLLOWED BY  the main dish.  Now for me, soup would be enough.  The soup I'm talking about is what I think of as  broth with veggies or meat.  We have soup with spinach in it, soup with mushrooms in it, soup with peas in it, soup with other kinda of veggies in it, and then there's soup with meat in it like chicken.  Since I have my meals in the Stol, sometimes there's leftover soup for dinner and sometimes not.  But when I say there's always soup, I mean ALWAYS.  And I think I said before how there are a lot of beans eaten here.  Something else a tad different I just thought of now is that, between bites or whenever you put your utensil down it gets turned over with the utensil part on the "lip" of your plate or bowl and the handle on the table.  And I've noticed when given a napkin, which is rare, no one else but me puts it on their lap.  When given a napkin usually your bread goes on it.  Also kinda rare is having something to drink with your meals.  I do because I carry my water bottle wherever I go but to be given something to drink doesn't happen that often.  Drinking period, other than rakea and alcohol, doesn't seem to be too usual and water especially.  I walk around with my water bottle and get asked all the time what's inside.  I even told my counterpart that part of the reason she gets sick all the time is because she doesn't drink enough water and she told me the Doctor told her that too.  But you know who can blame them?  I wouldn't want to have to go to the bathroom all the time either if my bathroom were outside!!  It's cold out there!  Anyway here are a few things I had in the back of my mind to blog about.  3 days till I leave for ITALY!!!!!  I can't wait!  Tomorrow I have to go back to Pyce to the eye Dr to see if she thinks my eyes are any better.  I also have to get a new phone and go to the bank.  Love and hugs!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa. Thanks for sharing your post about meals. Just remember something that is now mundane to you in Bulgarian daily life is always new and interesting to your American family and friends. Share more of these kinds of posts. Here is what I miss the most from my daily life in Mauritania:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A19773552

    ReplyDelete