Monday, December 6, 2010

tgiving pics



ok, this is me being the narrator and
wrapping up the skit. The guy in the
white shirt was our "Governor
Bradford" and called for a Day
or Thanksgiving.  All the students
memorized their lines and did a
very nice job!!  I gave them each a flower
as my thanks to them for a job well done.
Just 1 flower, or another odd number, b/c
an even number is bad luck and usually
reserved for funerals. 
this is in the stol, the kitchen for the
hostel where the whole process took
place!









and again with the stuffing!!  I have a feeling
this picture could come back to
haunt me!

stuffing the turkey was soooo much
fun!  we used onions, garlic, and 1/2
an apple
before our skit in English, a student
read abou the history in Bulgarian
that way EVERYONE understood! 
this is the part of the skit when Squanto and
Samoset enter...I think 
there was a group that did a dance.
I tell you, these women can shake
their hips like nothing I've seen before.



all in all Tgiving was very nice!  my first turkeys turned out pretty good and I found myself, after I took the first bite of my serving of turkey at probably around 8pm, declaring, to myself, that "now it's really Thanksgiving!"  I can't begin to tell everyone how much it helps me being away from my American family for the holidays that my new family here wants to celebrate American holidays!  they probably have no idea how much they are helping even tho I try to tell them.  whereas I'm not really homesick, it isn't the easiest thing to be away from your loved ones during special times.   they really do help me and for this i thank them!  the students did an awesome job doing their performances!!  AND i forgot probably the best part!  i found 2 of the 4 wishbones!!  i didn't get to make a wish tho but the fact that i found them excited me!  i would really try to  move the pictures so they make sense but i trust you all can figure them out!  love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment