Friday, December 3, 2010

tgiving recap

I must say everything went suprisingly well on the 25th!  All the prayers were answered!  The turkeys may have been a tad overdone but I'd rather that than the alternative!!  I do have to say when I found out there is no way to know how hot, or at least there is no dial telling the temperature, the oven was my blood pressure increased a bit and I was sure I was going to put someone in the hospital!!  But that didn't happen and while carving, which is a whole other task itself, I even found a wishbone...a couple actually but did not get to make a wish.  Next year maybe!!My students did a wonderful job with the skit and the dances were very nice.  I even got a special certificate from my Principal!!  Total there were probably between 65 and 70 people there.  Then the next day I traveled to have another tgiving with some volunteer friends and that was nice as well!!!  I was surprised how the mushroom mixture we  made looked exactly like mushroom soup for the green bean casserole!!  WplaysnI kindaisre had stuffing, rolls, pumpsin pie, leftover turkey and cranberry salad I snagged before I left, mashed potatoes, and xmas music!!  Now it's back to work planning something for xmas!  I haven't figured that one out yet.  I just wanted everyone to know that both tgivings turned out beautifully and a nice time was had by all!  I'll get some pictures up soon but right now it's dinner time!  Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. Mom and me were so proud of you! Great job for your first Thanksgiving - and for 65 people, no less. AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, there are certain things you are willing to try or do differently when you live and work overseas (i.e. Peace Corps volunteer) when compared to your routine here in the US. Congrats on stepping outside of your comfort zone and earning success as well.

    ReplyDelete