Friday, June 17, 2011

mish mash2

What to write about today??  First off let me say this will be my last blog until next Thurs or Friday.  I will be at a continuation of a training and will be traveling starting tomorrow.  Secondly, I went in to school today and read my B tutor my "book report" since the teacher who picked the story for me to read and understand was in class.  She told me I had it more or less right.  Let me tell you my dictionary got a workout last night and this morning!!!  I have decided to have a 4th of July party before school is over; the last school day is the 30th and the party is the 29th.  I'm going to make potato salad, hamburgers, and cookies.  Of course I will have plenty of help!!!  Come to think about it, this might actually be my last blog for awhile.  While my counterpart and I were asking the school director for permission to have the party I overheard him say "maybe she can put something on the bulletin board" about the 4th.  When the director suggests something like that it's more of an "she should put something on the bulletin board" than a suggestion.  So I sarted thinking of things and surprisingly an idea came right to mind (it usually takes awhile of stewing over the situation before anything comes to mind).  I spelled out the words "Independence Day" and thought of something for each letter starting with that  letter.  I was having trouble after the routine word such as "patriotic" and "In 1776" so I went to the computer and googled "Independence Day" and do you know I actually learned several new things about July 4th??  For instance, I never realized that there was a dispute over when the "Declaration of Independence" was signed!  Come to find out that historians now think it was signed on August 2, 1776 instead of when Thomas Jefferson and John Adams said,  July 4, 1776.  Also, every year on July 4th since the year 1916 New York has a hotdog eating contest.  I guess in 1916 4 immigrants to America thought that the person eating the most hotdogs had the most patriotism.  Things that make you go hmmmmm!  That's where I'm going to stop for now.  To my family in New York; I hope you have a great time this next week and I will be with you in spirit and possibly see you on the webcam!!  Love and hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment