Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Easter#2

At midnight on Saturday the 14th of April my family (still in Varshets) and I went to church.  We didn't actually attend the service (it was pretty crowded) but stood out front and listened to The Father.  When we  first arrived we were each given a candle.  Then many in attendance made a procession around the church 3 times.  I'm not sure why 3 times (and neither was Dani) but she did tell me that it was outlawed during Communism, which makes sense, but now my guess would be for 1) The Father, 2) The Son, and 3) The Holy Ghost/Spirit.  However I'm not sure about that.  It was really pretty to see all the candles being walked around the church!  Then after the Father spoke in front of the church (the answer is no, I did not understand what He was saying even though I am Intermediate High in B.) for a little and everyone else went inside for the message we headed home (it would be a very early morning for me since my bus was at 7:30 and Dani and Alexi too since they were seeing me off). Then we each chose an egg, 5 of us, and took turns knocking our neighbor's egg on top and bottom to see if it would crack.  The person with the least cracks, our of 2, would be the strongest during the coming year; my host sister Vesi.  Usually everyone eats their egg and some special sweet bread eaten only on Easter called "kozoonak" then but we were all full from dinner so went straight to bed.  Dani cut me some and wrapped it up for my trip back home.  It was good and gone by Monday afternoon!  Not much new is going on here besides me preparing to end my service.  Thoughts and prayers are with a friend of my sister's family as well as a very good friend of mine over here!  Love and hugs from here!  I can't believe I forgot this!  GO PACERS!!  LET'S TAKE THE MAGIC OUT OF THE MAGIC!!  I know that was corny, but it works!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment