Thursday, May 31, 2012

feelings (wo,wo,wo feelings)

I don't really have anything that I can think of new and exciting to write about so I'll answer the question I have been getting in lots of letters from you all.  Quite often  I am asked about leaving here; how I feel and what I am going to do afterwards (more how I'm feeling than what I'm going to do).  Yes my leaving is going to be bittersweet.  I miss seeing my family and friends in the states...IN PERSON.  There are several new family members I have yet to meet; the first being born only a couple months after I arrived in B.  Included in there is my nephew  who turned 1 this past January.  Yes I do miss my family and can't wait to see my mom when she arrives in Bucharest so we can travel together!  BUT, that is my American family; I have a family, 2 actualy, here now too.  Whenever I travel my neighbors ask about me and want me to let them know where I will be and when I will be back.  There are ladies here, and men but mostly ladies, who tell me if someone they see me with isn't the best person for me to hang around.  People honk and wave at me walking down the street.  People give me food and help me imeasurably.  I have been given a home, 2 actually-well 3 counting pst, and am loved here, and I love people here as well.  All this is what families do!  People ask when I'm going to come back and my answer always is "I want to but next time I have to have enough money."  But the truth is I may never see some of my family here again and, I have to be honest I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about that fact.  I'm soooo incredibly glad my mom will be here with my when I actually leave for (I'm really hoping isn't) the last time; I don't know that I could do it by myself!  And it's not just me.  These thoughts have been echoed by many volunteers getting ready to leave what has been our home for 27 months, and longer for some volunteers!  This has been my (our) life (lives) for 27 months and that's not going to change when I (we) return to the States or wherever the next destination will be.  So whereas I'm so looking forward to seeing my family and friends in the States, leaving here won't be easy!  Today is overcast and the temperature is just about right, not too cold and not too hot.  I came very close to adopting a small dog last night but then I came to and realized that "I can't have a dog!  I'm leaving in a few months!"  She wandered into our section of the town and (I'm going to think this way because it makes me feel better) wouldn't have gotten back to her part of town by herself, so I helped her.  There was a moment there though where me keeping her seemed like the best option!  But all is well and she's back where she belongs!  Love and hugs from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment