Thursday, May 10, 2012

May 1, 2012

I just found a comment I didn't know I had for someone I don't know.  It was about my blog about traveling and navigating Sofia by myself.  I was searching for a blog about May 1 and found that comment; almost a year later!  If whoever wrote that comment is still reading my blogs-I'm glad I could help and I hope everything worked out for you!  Well I guess I did write a blog about May 1, but will do another one.  May 1 is the B Labor Day and most things are closed.   Several of the teachers from the English school, some students, and I went to the park and had a picnic and relaxed.   We had salad, potato salad, bread, kebabche's (like beef hotdogs), fish, bread, coffee and soft drinks, and lots of sweets!  Some of the students went on a walk and I went along with them.  Since I didn't know I'd be walking around much I wore flip-flops and no socks (but walking with the girls was more important than me not having socks (i.e. getting a tick)!  Well one of the girls was so concerned I was without socks (I told her I didn't care but that didn't matter) that she gave me hers!  I said "I'm not going to take your socks from you, you need them!"   She leaned up against a tree and pulled off a pair of hers; she was wearing two because she didn't want ticks!  For those of you who have foot issues or sharing more personal things issues you may not share my thoughts but I thought that was very sweet!  I had fun but again left early (we set out at 10 am.and I left at 5); even though it was a non-work day I still had work to get done, more specifically my B homework!  As I was walking home I HEARD SOMEONE scream my name (sorry for the caps, the computer decided this for me!) from a campsite and so went over and talked to them for awhile.  They were some of the students from Hristo Botev school here and i go to their classes most fridays.  that was fun; i always enjoy meeting new people!  IT'S kinda funny how that compares to my life in the states.  not that i don't enjoy meeting new people but i am more quiet and reserved in the states when it comes to meeting different people.  that's different here.  maybe it's because here i feel like i have nothing to prove and people are impressed that i speak B.  maybe it's because i have just realized i'm not good at small talk here so i don't even try and just let them ask the questions.  who knows??!!  well the pacers wrapped up the first round and now are on to miami!!  by my next blog we'll all know how the first game turned out!!  go pacers, have a very happy birthday ronni (it was exactly 2 years ago I left on her birthday), and love and hugs from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment