Tuesday, June 15, 2010

calm before the storm

today is kinda a slow and uneventful day.  went home for lunch and it was uneventful, not like yest.  so just now marisa has made friends with a dog and her dog came over to see us.  i'm sitting at the training center where i write my blogs everyday.  when marisa came for her tutoring session the dog came out of nowhere and found her.  i would pet him too but i don't want fleas and every animal here has them or just about.  he's just lying her in front of me waiting for her to get done.  tonight or tom night dani and i are going to get our hair cut.  last night dani, krisi, and i went for a bike ride; i guess we have 3 bikes.  i looked so very stylish with my helmet, glasses, and hair getting in my eyes!  my helmet isn't very tight and it kept sliding to the back of my head.  I WAS A SIGHT!  anyway i guess the reason i said it was the calm before the storm is because our lives will change yet again on thurs and right now it's kinda like we're just waiting for something.  i'm anxious to see where i'll be living for the next 2 yrs. after pst and will miss my host family.  there are 200 pc volunteers in b right now.  some leave at the end of the summer, some have 1 year left, and 87, like my group, have 2+ yrs left.  we are pretty spread out over the country and i'm pretty someone will be closer to me, maybe from my group and maybe other volunteers.  the volunteers getting ready to leave are b24's.  the volunteers a year ahead of us are b25's, and my group is b26.  sitting here watching what is happing is kinda interesting.  people walk right down the middle of the street and there is always foot traffic no matter what time it is.  imaging the sidewalks in the states.  our roads are basically big sidewalks that occasionally cars travel on.  you can walk anywhere in town in about 20 min's, not even.  and the dowg and cats.  they roam the town!  i guess the dogs that are kept in homes are treated worse than the dogs on the street.  they are everywhere and you can't tell which one belongs where or at least i can't!  interesting.  well i'm gonna finish up some work and maybe go have a beer or something.   until tom!  oh!  brad if you read this thanks for the tip!  lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment