Tuesday, June 8, 2010

the process

well it's left up to God now!  i had my interview for my placement and i think it went really well!  i told them what i think i am going to need to be effective and overall what i want to accomplish.  i aked some impressions they have of me and the 2 things hey said were pretty right on!  we have had lots of access to curently serving volunteers and they give us advice on what to do and vice versa.  i picked out about 10 that i thought peaked my interest without discounting any b/c of language skills or the organizational skills i really don't have.  we'll see!  what i did learn today from our group meeting with the people who are resp for our placements is that the whole process is very much effective and no stone has beeen left unturned!  the ALL work very hard to make sure we are in the right place...from the country director on down to including our language trainer during pst, these 3 months.  i feel comfortable with the whole process.  the steps organizations have to go through to host a volunteer are very thorough.  safety is a biggie but even before that is if the site really needs a volunteer, which is important for us as volunteers and for the overall goal of who the corps serves.  security and safety are next.  if a site isn't safe it gets filed in the circular "file" and is not considered.  i feel very comfortable with this process and will see what happens!  i'll know next week!  on another note, my host family totally surprised me this am!  dani and lexi got me ceramic bell that says "time to party" in b and two kissing pigs held together by a string and they come back together if you pull them apart.  krisi gave me a flower.  i think that's it actually.  i skyped this am early b time with steph and was able to talk to my american family on my bday and that as good.  i usually don't make a big deal about my bday but figured since i'm in a foreign country and can't be with my loved ones i need support so have told people today is my birthday and i took chocolate to class and gave my family my m&m stash.  have a good week till i talk to yo all again!  lisa

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, you look like you're having so much fun!! It's 3:30 p.m. here, the boys are here today. Galen had a meeting in town this a.m. and Tyson was totally bored with me....,go figure! They finally just left to milk. Gas prices here in VA i saw yesterday as low as 2.27/gal. Hasn't been that low in a while. Keep up the good work, love you much,......aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete