Sunday, June 6, 2010

thank you











i'm quickly learning that the words "thank you" (blagadaria in b) just don't seem to cut the mustard.  i learned this while in the dominican and am learning it again.  you have people, who not even 1 month ago, were total strangers going out of their way for you.  yest my host fam and i, minus veci, went to the monestary and then lunch.  while going home we stopped at a store to buy some groceries and dani told me to let her know what i like.  i got broccoli and peas, neither of which dani likes, although im not quite sure about the peas.  last night alexis parents came over and with the rice we had vegetables complete with broccoli and peas!   did notice krisi picking out the broccoli but still!  they also told me to invite the group of trainees over on tues pm to have a birthday party of sorts.  how nice!  mom, she wanted me to tell her my favorite food for my bday and somehow i didn't feel like i should tell her about the cream chicken!  anyway...on fri we got a list of all the possible placements for the remainder of our stay in b.  i find it interesting the placements that seem the most interesting have to do with working with Muslim people and a very conservative town.  you know what that means!  no jeans ever and dresses!  my favorite! last night just for kicks i gave dani and alexi all the placements and listened to them da or ne, yes or no, my choices.  alexi told me id also have to wear a scarf, only he used a napkin, on my head.  it was pretty funny listening to them tell me id get lice if i worked with the roma population and maybe fleas.  we have interviews this week which will be interesting.  the corps does not give us locations and i totally understand why but i will know where im going by/on the 17th!  kinda scary and exciting at the same time!  i'm fiquring out it rains quite a bit here but only for a little and then it's sunny, not an all day mist like in seattle most of the time.  i have some work to do (venegi domashno, always homework) so im going to close.  i'll try to add a  of lunch yest, an experience i have to say i've never had before) and more pictures of my town.  happy birthday ron!  the one pic you see with the nail polish was the girls going upstairs and doing our nails, yes my sister did mine, while alexi and a guest were downstairs talking, doing business, and drinking rakea.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa. We just got back from Oldenburg, IN. where we had a birthday lunch with your mom, Ron, and Tom and Diane. What a fun day. We've needed a "Ron and Judy fix" for a very long time. It was fun seeing Tom and Diane again too. They have had a very rough winter. I love reading your blog and hearing about your adventures in your new life. It sounds like you are enjoying all the new experiences and that you're learning a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I'm not sure where the Aunt Lib came from but I'm OK with it, if you are! :-)

    ReplyDelete