Tuesday, June 1, 2010

irritating

i had a whole page typed out and now it's gone.    i really hate that.  yest my group went to see a roma schood presentation and then the kids followed us to the top of the hill,streets?, and we took pictures with them and talked to them in our very elementary bulgarian.  we kept getting our cameras out and putting them away and after awhile it got kinda old.  little gabby asked me to take her picture and i didn't because i had just put my camera away.  right away i regretted that when is she going to have access to someone with a camera again, a real camera?   I could've kicked myself!   I showed all my pictures to my family to show them that it's ok to be with roma.  to tell the truth at first I was kinda leary and kept checking to see if I still had my wallet.  but then i saw how cute they were and obviously they were curious because they were so eager for attention.  can you blieve I counted to 10 in spanish with a roma girl?   don't know if bulgarian is her native lang and if not spanish is her third.  we of course counted in english and bulgarian too.  we(I) was able to get across a little in my broken bulgarian.  we then told the kids goodbye and met with the mayor of their little community.  at dinner i showed my family my pics hoping that the good feeling towards roma would rub off.  i think krisi has more of a problem than anyone else in my family.  she was the one who told me not to address a roma man with the formal hello because he was roma  . time foe class.  try to do more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment