Wednesday, June 30, 2010

rain

well the meeting is over and now we can focus on the cultural presentation we have to do for other satellite sites tomorrow.  we didn't have anybody else show up at the meeting outside of our families and the lady who works in the training center but overall I think it was productive.  of course when we are right in the middle of putting the final touches on for tonight, of course we were all kinda nervous in our own way, what happens??  RAIN!!!  and a hard downpour for about 2 hours, maybe more.  it rains quite a bit here and when it rains it doesn't mist, it RAINS HARD!! so hard that the streets turn into rivers...really.  of course all this is happening and then on top of everything else pc pulls out the emergency action plan preparedness lesson and we all have to stop what we're doing and go home and gather our emergency bag we have packed, more or less, and report back to the training center.  and one of the things we have to do is to explain to our family where we are going.  so imagine if you will it's pouring down rain, I'm kinda in a hurry b/c of course I want to meet the time limit (i was more or less packed.  there were some things I forgot but overall I think i was pretty ready) and then on top of all that I have to explain to my baba what is happening in my meager b!  of course I didn't have my dictionary it was back at the tc with all my other stuff I I had to leave and how can you describe  "emergency drill?"  it was interesting to say the least!  I really like rain, plenty of puddles to jump in mom:),but it just so happens to come at times when I really can't enjoy it.  oh well!  I think I'll call it a night or maybe go over what I'm saying , in english this time:), for our presentation tomorrow.  we're also dancing the horo; those of you who know me beter know how much I love dancing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment