Monday, June 7, 2010

cheating








Every time i find, ok 2 so far, myself in a situation where i don't understand what is going on and neither does the other person and want to try to get myself out of it something ends up happening and i end up cheating.  for instance i went to the pharmacy to buy some foot powder so my shoes don't stink up the place and confused the lady working there.  i tried to talk my way out of it but after awhile gave up and told myself to go back the next day more prepared.  that is exactly what i was going to do!  i looked up what i wanted in the dictionary and was prepared to get it right, darnit!  well, dani and i went out for lunch and while out she asked me if there was anything i needed and i explained to her what i wanted and she said " i know."  turns out the lady went to see dani at work and told her i needed something but she didn't know what.  totally took me out of the picture.  i'm so thankful for help and everyone looking out for me but on the other hand...  another example.  dani and alexi invited my group over tomorrow night for a reoghtenden den, birthday, party for me and they went to shop for food today.  we have another teacher going to be with us and i wanted to let them know she will also be here tom pm. i went to their office to tell them and they had already left.  i told their secretary(?) and i don't know if she didn't understand or what but we confused each other.  instead of getting out my dict and trying to alk myself out of it what did she do??  bring up google translate on the computer and tell me to type the message and have it translated!  see what i mean.  i guess the lesson for me is there is always a way around a misscommunication!  i am so thankful for everyones help,patients, understanding, and most of all consideration i guess is the word.  tom is our interview for our placements.  i want to look over the site lists one more time but i think i'm ready for the most part.  if my comp. lets me i will include some pics  of  whatever. the 1st 1 is of the mineral water that comes out of taps all over town.  there is one of the lang b/c i still think it looks funny, and a couple of the town where i am living.   preatin den!  (have a good day! and no i'm not going to google translate!  i like phoenics better)

1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful family and community. Sounds like they are taking good care of you. How nice of Dani and Alexi to throw you a birthday party! Many of us will be there in spirit... Happy Birthday Lisa! Sending you much love and blessings on your special day. Always keeping you close in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete