Monday, October 4, 2010

babies #2

clarification time.   i asked about the baby gifts thing and found out that indeed the parents to be don't go w/o pre-baby but only the family gives gifts before the birth and then after that's when shower the family with gifts!  now today's blog entry.  tomorrow is the day for volunteering and also my day at the kindergarten.  i had an idea that maybe some of the students from the english school could help out at the kindergarten.  i asked the director of the kindergarten and also the principal of the eng school and now have 5 students at my disposal to help tom!  i kinda thought they'd get into helping little kids and when N and i told 1 of the girls her face just lit up and she was so happy!  when i asked the director of the kindergarten earlier in the day, by myself i might add with notes, she told me it was a good idea.  in the states we do that kinda thing all the time, big helping little, 1st gr students reading books to young children to practice their reading, things like that.  maybe tom will lead somewhere for one of the 5!  also, 3 boys are going to see if they can help put a shelf together or build a door or something.   think if the students really like helping out this could become a partnership btwn the 2 institutions!  i'm pretty excited about it and glad i get the opportunity to "use" some students!  it turned chilly over the weekend and i might actually have to use a blanket tonight in addition to a sheet!  i got some pictures of my nieces today and that was a very welcomed surprise!  thanks mom!   love to all and happy birthday krista!  

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Lisa. I think you will get more accomplished during your two year Peace Corps service as compared to me. It seems to me you have more structure and well-defined responsibilities with your program assignment. In Mauritania, I had almost no structure and it made my voluntary service less than satisfying at times. Take care!

    ReplyDelete