Tuesday, October 12, 2010

being gratefuli

today is all about being grateful for what i(we) have.  i haven't been the best at that here recently.  now mind you i haven't been the worst and most people would think nothing of it but since i'm who i am i think i need to stop and think about all the things i HAVE.  i have my belief in God and that's all i need i believe.  i am grateful for the opportunity to travel to another country, not on my dime i might add, and experience another way of life, help others (which is what i love to do), all while traveling different places in the world!  that's pretty lucky if you ask me!  i have a wonderful family who sends me things and friends who back me up in this venture.  included in with the family are the children in my family who are decorating my wall so i have pretty pictures to look at, and also to remind me to be a kid too!  i havea place to live over here and am surrounded with very nice people who look out for me, help me in any way they can(include give me food), and teach me about Bulgaria, including the language!  i have a job for which i am grateful.  now granted it's not a job per say in the fact that there is no paycheck but i'm taken care of.  this totally sounds cheesy and if i could think of another way to say it i would but i get paid with other things.  i was in the kindergarten today and we were working with forming the letters on the floor.  the kids would lay down and i would move their bodies to the shape of a letter.  when the kids chuckled, i had to make sound effects you know while moving them, or the fact that THEY noticed i left my notebook behind in their class and gave it to the teacher to give to me, or when they all raise their hands to help me and wanted to make the letters,THAT'S my payment.  yes it's corny and cheesy but that's what i do.  i am grateful for a netbook with skype so i can talk and see my family every weekend and keep in touch with emails.  i don't have to worry about from where my next meal is coming like some people here.  i am grateful to be given the chance to represent My Country to people around the world.  i am grateful to all of you who want to learn about different lifestyles and give me the opportunity to share my knowledge of B.  there are tons more things i could type but i think probably most of all, after God, i am humbled and very grateful to all of you who pray for me daily, send loving thoughts my way, and support what i'm doing.  i've said it before and i'll say it again.  if every one of you weren't behind me and supportive of my decision to move to B for 2.5 yrs it would be so much harder for me to be here!!  the moral of the blog is count your many blessings and be grateful for what you have!  you never know when you could be like the person i saw eating from a dumpster this morning!  love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment