Monday, October 18, 2010

the people behind the scenes

so before i tell you all about my weekend in another village i have to tell you about my morning.  i recieved a phone call letting me know there was something for me at the post office on fri but couldn't do anything about it because i wasn't in town.  so today i arrived at school only to be told by nargis that i had a package waiting for me at the post office.  thinking they might want to have it gone i headed over to the post office to get my package, i didn't know from whom.  imagine my surprise when i saw the big box sitting there for me!!  everytime i get a package i want to share a few things so i took it to school and opened it there.  i couldn't believe what i saw!!  yes, several smiles and big time grins crossed my face!!  i can't thank my aunts enough for this!!  however what i want to share is this.  yes i'm here in B and this has been a dream of mine and, ok, maybe i'm doing what other people think of doing but don't.  HOWEVER!!!  for everyone who does something a little hard or different or what have you there are tons more people behind the scenes who really make it happen!!  i was an instructional assistant for special education at an elementary school for 7 yrs and i know how hard i worked.  i'm not saying this right i know.without the example of service set by my grandparents who spent 2 years in africa with heifer project i wouldn't be here.  without all the encouragement and support of and from my family i wouldn't be here.  without people who believe all countries and peoples need to work together i wouldn't be here.  without people praying for me on a daily basis, yes i feel it, i wouldn't be here.  without friends who support what i'm doing i wouldn't be here.  and how can i forget without B being open to me i wouldn't be here.  what i'm trying to say is, ok maybe i do rock if you must call it that...but...YOU ROCK MORE!!!  the people behind the scenes really do the work.  without all you i couldn't focus on my job here.  you are the ones who make me happy.  when i'm happy i'm more focused on what i need to do.  so, from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU FAMILY, steffens and millers that i know of.  like my earlier blog, the word thank you just doesn't come close to expressing my feelings!!!  a big hug to all!!!  i love you all so very much and i'm only carrying out the tradition of service in our family!!  and happy birthday a day late mom!  love to all!

3 comments:

  1. we pretty much do that the best family of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Lisa! But what you have accomplished these past few months, not many would have. You are still my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night the phone rang and our talking caller id said "out of area" in it's mechanical voice. Christopher came running into the room screaming "answer the phone, it's Miss Lisa!!" I was a bit confused (I don't usually answer the out of area calls) and asked him how he knew it was you. He says- "didn't the voice on the phone say 'Bulgaria'?". Anyway, the boys miss you and still talk about you all the time- so you are setting a great example for them too!
    (your neighbor, Carol)

    ReplyDelete