Thursday, March 10, 2011

dreams

This blog isn't going to be about a B holiday, something different or similiar between our 2 countries, or a rundown of my day.  This blog is going to be about dreams and how important they are.  There is a boy in the 8th grade here who is a BIG Tony Hawk fan.  To illustrate my point when he was over at my apt one time and asked me the name of the stuffed reindeer I got for Christmas from my family.  When I told him he didn't have a name, he paused for awhile and then said "Tony Hawk."   When I was asking some students about their dreams his response was "to be in the x-games."  Well, knowing he's a big fan I looked up Tony Hawk's fanclub address online, wrote it down and gave it to him.   He's coming over this afternoon for me to help him write a letter to T.  (little does he know that he is going to be the one writing it, not me)  My point in telling you all this is that dreams are so important!  They are what keep you going when your fire has gone out.  That and caffeine!  If you want something you have to work for it; nothing is going to be handed to you on a platter!  Some people's attitude might be it's a waste of a stamp.  Some people might think why would a famous peson write to a kid in B?  Maybe T won't write back.  But the point is this 8th grader has the want, the desire for something to happen!  He asked me about a week ago how he can get a visa.   I found this  quote the other day in Memoirs of a Geisha.  "Sometimes we get through advrsity only by imagining what the world might be like if our dreams should ever come true."  Now this isn't a way through adversity for him but he's imagining...  He's got a spark that is so needed here and elsewhere!  If you don't have a dream, a want for something, you just go through life going through the motions; same thing day after day.  Can you imagine the look on his face if he gets a response?  The sense of anticipitation he will have waiting for a letter?  I will actually be going through the same thing to a lesser extent!  Everyone needs to dream, to have something to work towards in life; a goal!  On that note I'll close for today.  Thoughts are with my aunt in Goshen and her family!  If any of my readers has a connection to Tony Hawk, can I ask you a favor?????Love and hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment