Wednesday, March 30, 2011

spring break

Sorry about yesterday.  It turned out to be a prety hectic and full day and I wasn't sure I had internet actually.  I'm at my counterparts house for a couple days before I head to the North to take a small Spring break with some friends.  Spring break here is from March 30th-April 11th for the majority of the students.  BUT if you happen to be a senior, 12th class, the break is shorter.  But on the upside for seniors, graduation is much earlier than everyone else who goes to school until mid/end of June.  Since the "seniors" have classes that means the teachers who have classes with them have to teach.  I think that kinda stinks if you're a teacher who has to work during your break but they have been doing it this way for a long tie and they have a system.  Everyone here asks me what I am going to be doing for break, and yes-no stol-but let me assure you I'll be just fine, and I'm sure they don't believe that I have to work.  I don't get a break and have been trying to get that point across since I got here but I'm not sure that people other then my counterpart actually believe that.  Ok back to the seniors.  I'm not exactly sure when they go back; I think they get a week of vacation and then graduate in May.  Our school has 4 seniors, 3 guys and a young lady.  I've asked them before what they plan to do after graduation and one of the guys plans to go to school in Belgium I think.   I hope they do go on!  It's a lot harder, I'm saying a lot but I've never tried so not really sure, to go on to higher education here  because of how expensive it is and how little money there is here.  Any extra money a person has goes to helping the family.  I had a summer job or a job after school since my Freshman year in high school.  There are very little summer jobs for young people here or even jobs for young people period.  I don't know of any student at school who works a job during the school year.  I have seen some of my students "help out" in their families businesses but I'm not sure if they are paid or not.   Well I had better post this before my counterparts daughter sees me on the computer and wants to play on it!  Love and hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment