Tuesday, March 22, 2011

what's important

I have been working on my report pretty much most of the day and forgot abut my blog!  n this first day of Spring I see no stork.  So we'll just have to wait a little bit longer.  This morning I went to the 6th grade English class at the other school (Hristo Botev).   Last Fridays when at H.B. I had just left a class with one of the English teachers when one of her students ran up to her and asked if I was going to come to her class.  The English teacher explained that I go to their school on Fri's and their class is on Tues's and that I was very busy.   That's true, I am busy.  But something is really wrong if I don't put aside my report and make time to do my job!  That's why I'm here.  That's why all of us are here.  Even the corps will back me up on that!  In 30 years my report will be long gone but the memory I made today for that class will still linger.  Now I'm not one to talk about myself or my accomlishments but I probably made her day.  It's so hard sitting through a class, trying to pay attention to the teacher (which is lacking here by the majority of the students in my opinion) when EVERY EYE IN THE ROOM IS MOST LIKELY FOCUSED ON ME!  They told me when I first got here I'm the first American here.  Because of that I feel like a rock star.  Everyone knows me, even the kids whose class I have not been in yet.   I got mixed up this morning and I thought the class was at 7:30 and it was 8:30.  Considering I did have stuff I could do in the apt I left heir school only to go back again at 8:30.  As I was leaving a boy from the 2nd floor, who I had not met before, shouted my name out the window and asked if I was going to visit their class at 8:30.   Tell me, how can I say no to that??!!  After the class was over I went home and started on my report and got a chunk of it done.  Still have a lot to go but I'm making headway!!  Love and hugs and thoughts or Libya and Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment