Wednesday, February 16, 2011

bills!

This one is going to have to be shorter because I have gosti's coming in about 30 minutes.  The way the States works is that when you owe money for your telephone or gas or whathaveyou the company sends you a bill and you send in a check, or money order;  whatever works for you.  Or now-a-days people pay online which is what I started doing after the post office started having problems with my name and my gas almost got shut off and I had no idea.  It's different here (speaking of bills I just remembered I was going to pay my water bill this afternoon but started my blog instead!  Oopa!)  You get your bill WHEN you pay.  YOu keep track of the dates when you need to pay, I have them writen down in my calandar, and go pay and they give you a bill, kinda like getting a receipt.  The water guys herer read everyone's water meter and that's how your house gets charged.  Around the 16th or 20th of every month they put a notice up on the apartment door telling us when they will come.  They come between 6-6:30 pm which is right at my dinner time and sometimes I miss diner in the stol.  I already mentioned the power is paid in the post office.  I pay for internet usage and cable at the end of the month for the next month.  Once the end of the month fell on a weekend and before it was a holiday, I think it was Christmas time or around then, and I didn't think they were open for me to pay.  I remember now!  I hadn't seen my family on Skype for like 2 wks and was really looking forward to our Sun night chat!!  How surprised (and mad) was I when I couldn't log on!!  I'm not quite sure what is going on with my telephone bill.  It's very irregular!  Sometimes I go months without them saying "you owe us this much money."  I think that's pretty common though.  I'll briefly recap my day.  Not too bad.  I just got an email from a friend in Ky who said tommorrow it will be 67*!  It's not that warm here and in fact it's downright cold!!  I had a visit from one of the people from the medical office from the corps, just a routine visit, and she asked me if I was having problems, if the language was a barrier, etc.  Lastly she asked me on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being content and 1 being disstisfies where I fall.  I really feel like a 10 here but wonder if there is something I am missing.   I have to get ready for my gosti's so will close for today!  Love and hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment