Friday, February 18, 2011

the difference 9 months make!

So I'm traveling back to my house after getting my package (thanks mom and ron!) when once again it occurs to me I'm doing something that even 6 months ago I didn't think I'd ever be able to do.  It was another one of those "pinch me" moments.  I left this morning thinking my package was at the bus station.  I've been to the bus station plenty and am comfortable there.  Then I remember our post office lady said "gara" not "autogara" which meant the train station NOT the bus station.  No problem, the gara is right beside the autogara and I've been there, once with Leo on my crazy xmas trip to Italy.  Oh yeah, before that I went shopping a little and had lunch.  I ordered lunch!  During pst I was so not looking forward to that and was sure I'd do it wrong.  So anyway I'm on my way to the train station but once there have to find out where to go.  So I had to ask, and understood the important stuff.  Then I had to talk with the ladies in the post office, get my package and make my way back to my bus stop.  There was a lady getting a package at the same time as me, her son is in Chicago, and would you believe she was on my bus home?  I think about how afraid I was to make my first solo trip traveling anywhere and other things I thought I'd never do, was afraid to do and think now "why was I ever so hesitant?"  We've go a new bunch of trainees, B27s, coming on March 20th (I think) and I remember how freaked out I was when I got to B and even when I left pst (pre-service training).   I remember that last interview I had with my program manager, telling her how I thought the head shake yes and no would never come to me (basically yes is our no and no is our yes).  Now I struggle to do it the way I was raised, the American way!   Just goes to show  what we're capable of if we really want it!!  Have a great weekend!  Love and hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment