Tuesday, February 22, 2011

family

So sometime today while sitting at school it occured to me that I should also be writing about similarities in addition to differences.   Starting with families.  Families are just as important here as in the states, sometimes I even think more so.  Babas and Djados, grandmas and grandpas, play a more inportant role here...and...THE BABAS RULE!!  The older generation is more valued here, generally speaking.  The family is so important sometimes it forces families to live apart.  You want to do what's best for your family, want them to have the best possible andsometimes that means finding a job away from the family.  I have a neighbor (a baba) whose daughter is in Germany making money to send her daughter to university.  I have coworkers whose parent or spouse are in other countries making money for the family.  It's sad that it has to be that way but you go where the jobs are to keep food on the table.  Just like families is the states will do whatever to help their family (case in point me for example.  My family does so much for me over here!) it's just the same here.  A very short blog today.  for some reason my caps lock won't go off so you'll just have to deal with all capitals.  for the second time since i've been here i came home after school today and took a nap.  i thought of an idea for my pen pal project, now i just have to put it into action!  it snowed today again and this time it stuck around.  maybe an inch.  that's all from here!  steph, don't worry about the chat.  i'm just glad everyone is on the mend; i hope you are too! oh yeah!  I got my hair cut  (not very short) last night because it was getting too long for me.  I will say it is easier to have short hair when you have central heat!  I left the WARM teachers room today to go to the COLD bathroom and was quickly made aware that I had less hair!  love and hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment