Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bulgarian Independence

I'm going to take the next couple days off from blogging probably.  I really do have a lot to finish up.   Tomorrow is the Bulgarian Independence Day.  I looked at what I wrote last year and didn't like it that much so will do a new one this year, but short.  The B's got their Independence from the the Ottoman Turks in 1908.  The 6th of this month was Unification Day, the day that the Southern part of B became independent and the northern and southern parts of B were unified, both being independent.  There is a lot of history to write about, names and dates and the like, but I'm going to save that for another time when I have more time!  The moral of today's blog, not like there usually is, is don't be afraid of making mistakes!  That's how you learn!  In my opinion there's not enough of that here; you don't do something unless it's RIGHT!  That way there will never be learning.  You can't be afraid to get it wrong!!  Trying and getting something wrong is much better than not trying at all!!  Love and hugs from here!!  Thoughts and prayers are with my language tutor's family and especially her brother Ali.

No comments:

Post a Comment