Friday, September 16, 2011

first day1

Now that school has started my blogs should become more regular.  I'm starting to sound like a broken record but sorry about not having a blog yesterday.  Yesterday was more of a halfday really.  The teachers, students, staff, and some parents gathered outside to hear various addresses from the Director and our school's financer.  You know it just now occured to me that on the 3 occasions we have had reason to hear different speeches outside like today (graduation, the last day of school, and now the first day of school) it has been sunny.  Who knows what we would do with everyone if it ever rains?!  I'm assuming inside the school would be plan B.  The different grade levels stood together along with their form teacher which is a little like a homeroom teacher.  After everyone spoke the different classes met together with their form teachers for a little and then the day was done.  Nargis, her husband, and I headed to a town nearby for their festival.  We did some shopping and walked along and looked at all the venders selling their items; everything from plastic guns to bras!  I bought a sewing "goblin" with larger holes to stitch through and actually might be able to sew this one!!  It was a nice day and again on the drive home I was reminded how I really am living a dream.  I was the passanger in a car driven in another country coming from another town in that country with people who genuinely want to show me all about their culture!!  It was another "pinch me" moment!  Love and hugs from here!  Thoughts and prayers are with my tutor, her family, and especially her brother Ali.  Please pray for him if you wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment